The most important thing you can do is to document the expenses
related to your injury such as proof of lost income and medical bills. A Waldorf personal injury attorney has provided the following list of things you can do to help your lawyer:
- Promptly sign all documents as requested by your Waldorf personal injury lawyer.
- When your lawyer asks you questions, answer truthfully and openly.
- If your circumstances change such as a move, your physical condition, employment or marital status, be certain to let your attorney know right away.
- Take any photographs as instructed by your Waldorf personal injury lawyer.
- Maintain a list of witnesses who could testify on your behalf about the accident and your injuries.
- Keep a file of injury-related expenses, lost wages and medical bills.
- Make certain to keep medical appointments.
- Read any papers or letters sent to you by your Waldorf personal injury lawyer.
- Make sure to return calls from your Waldorf personal injury lawyer.
Why Are There So Many Forms to Sign?
According to a Waldorf personal injury attorney, it is against the law for establishments, employers, hospitals and doctors to release a person’s information without signed authorization. Your lawyer may need you to sign authorization forms for the release of your employment and medical records. This will allow your lawyer to obtain important information regarding your case.
A Waldorf personal injury lawyer can give you a list of paperwork that you will need to gather for your personal injury case. To set up a consultation, please call the Law Office of Carroll Drake, LC. at (301) 638-1280.