Tricks An Adjuster Might Use When Taking A Statement In A Personal Injury Case

Tricks An Adjuster Might Use When Taking A Statement In A Personal Injury Case

Waldorf auto accident attorney

A Waldorf personal injury attorney is familiar with the common tactics and strategies a claims adjuster might use. Taking a written or recorded statement regarding the accident is one thing the adjuster might try to do.

A Waldorf Personal Injury Lawyer Will Warn A Client About Giving A Statement

The adjuster might try to take a statement from a claimant. This isn’t necessarily a trick, but a Waldorf personal injury attorney will explain how it could damage a case. The adjuster’s goal is to investigate the case, gather information and perhaps reduce or eliminate the amount that has to be paid. A statement from those involved in the accident can be used in the determination of liability and how much should be paid. They will use this information to decide whether to pay the claim, deny the claim or offer a settlement.

Types Of Statements An Adjuster Will Take

The adjuster might want to record the statement or have it written and signed. Your Waldorf personal injury attorney will tell you that the adjuster will attempt to secure an interview. The signed statement involves questions being asked of the claimant, written down in the first person and signed by the claimant. If there are corrections made, the claimant will have to initial them. The adjuster might leave a copy of this with the claimant, but this is not required.

The recorded statement is, obviously, when the claimant provides a statement and the adjuster records it. This can be provided via telephone or in person. Insurance companies often prefer phone interviews because they are more cost efficient and less time consuming.

A Waldorf Personal Injury Attorney Can Assist A Claimant With Understanding Adjuster Tactics

Knowing how an adjuster approaches a case is an important factor in its outcome. A Waldorf personal injury lawyer can help. Call the Law Office of Carroll Drake, LC. at (301) 638-1280 for assistance.